If you're a cruise passenger who will be docking at Harvest Caye in Belize, you can sign up for yet another boring group tour or simply remain on the ship. But if you want to really see what Belize is all about, book an excursion with Untame Belize.
Harvest Caye is an island located just five miles off the coast from the gorgeous Placencia Peninsula, home to the most beautiful beaches in the country. If you choose an excursion with Untame Belize, you'll be met right at the docks in Placencia.
Literally called the "Pleasant Place" in Spanish, Placencia is a narrow strip of land measuring 16 miles north and south but just half a mile wide. The village at the southern tip, called Placencia Village, is home to colorful street murals, cute shops, and holds a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records for the smallest main street in the world.
Once in Placencia, you'll be ready to enjoy a wide range of amazing activities, including:
- Going offroad through the jungle on an ATV.
- Taking a boat safari along the aptly named Monkey River.
- Hiking through the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary, home to real live jaguars and lots of other amazing plants and animals.
- Visiting a local Maya village to learn more about their culture and prepare traditional foods like chocolate.
- Flying through the rainforest on a zip line.
- Floating down an underground river on an inner tube or canoe.
- Visiting a local Garifuna village to learn more about their culture, music, and dances.
- Spotting some of the more than 500 birds that are found in Belize.
- Climbing to the top of an ancient Maya pyramid.
And much, much more!
Harvest Caye cruise ship passengers have so much to choose from. And, best of all, the weather is always warm (75-82 Fahrenheit), meaning you can enjoy the great outdoors no matter when you arrive.
No matter what you want to do during your time in Belize, Untame Belize can help make it happen. Untame Belize will meet you in Placencia and provide door-to-door service to your destination. And, if you do return to Belize in the future, be sure to book your stay at the Davis Falls Inn. Located near one of the most amazing waterfalls in the country, Davis Falls Inn is a family-run guesthouse specializing in home-cooked Belizean food.